Earth Day 2013 in Bali will have soul. April 20th Yayasan Rivers Ocean Land Ecology (ROLE) teams up with the Solemen and the Earth Day Network movement ‘a billion acts of green’ to secure a healthy future for all and encourages everyone to make a pledge to Mother Earth.
The Pledge, a secret promise between the individual and Mother Earth, should say how they promise to take care of Mother Earth over the next year.
So far Fontana Hotel Kuta, Alila Villas Uluwatu and Aston Bali Beach Resort and Spa, Nusa Dua have agreed to be collection points for the pledges. Role Foundation and Solemen are asking more Hotels and Businesses to come on board as well.
The Solemen and Solegirls will kick of their barefoot walk to collect the Pledges in Jimbaran on April 17th, finishing at Uluwatu for the day. They will stop at participating Hotels and Businesses collecting the Pledges. On the 18th they will walk from Uluwatu to Nusa Dua, and on the 19th from Nusa Dua to the Aston Bali Beach Resort and Spa in Tanjung Benoa. Then on the 20th from Tanjung Benoa the barefoot Solemen team will arrive at the Eco Park (Island Sustainability Education Center) carrying all those pledges. For everyone who is outside the Jimbaran, Bukit and Tanjung Benoa area the pledges can be sent to ROLE Foundation (Jl. Siligita 22, Nusa Dua, Bali) or simply brought to the event.
On the day of the Earth Day celebration – the 20th of April at 3pm, Mangku Made Ariawan will offer all of those collected pledges to the Gods in a Ceremony.
The same day will also be an open day for kids, families and individuals, with sustainability workshops, a martial arts demonstration, games, live music by local artists and more. Workshops and games will start at 2pm to 5pm and entertainment from 4pm until late.
ROLE Foundation and the Solemen is inviting everyone to make a pledge to Mother Earth and to come to the Island Sustainability Center Saturday, April 20th, for a great relaxing fun day! Find the event on Facebook here.
Collection Points for the Pledges and stops for the SOLEMEN are:
1. INTERCONTINENTAL BALI RESORT: Jalan Uluwatu 45, Jimbaran
2. FOUR SEASONS HOTEL AND RESORT: Jimbaran Bay, Jimbaran, Kuta Selatan, Bali
3. AYANA RESORT AND SPA: Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Bali
4. ANANTARA BALI ULUWATU RESORT AND SPA: Jl. Pemutih – Labuan Sait, Uluwatu
5. ALILA VILLAS ULUWATU: Jl. Belimbing Sari, Br, Tambiyak, Desa Pecatu, Uluwatu
6. SEMARA LUXURY VILLA RESORT: Jl. Pantai Selatan Gau, Uluwatu
7. BALI BUDA: Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Br Wanagiri, Nusa Dua, Badung Bali, Indonesia
8. SILLY SNAIL CAFE: Jl. Siligita 22, Nusa Dua
9. ASTON BALI BEACH RESORT AND SPA: Jl. Pratama 68X, Tanjung Benoa – Nusa Dua
10. CONRAD BALI: Jl. Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, 80363
11. MELIA BENOA: Jalan Pratama, Tanjung Benoa, 80363
12. THE WESTIN RESORT, NUSA DUA: Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, BTDC Lot N-3, Nusa Dua 80363
13. BIMC HOSPITAL, NUSA DUA: Kawasan BTDC Blok D, Nusa Dua
14. HOTEL SANTIKA – SILIGITA, NUSA DUA: Jl. Siligita, Nusa Dua
15. ECO PARK, Jl. Celagi Nunggul 101, Sawangan, Nusa Dua
Collection point but no SOLEMEN stop:
FONTANA HOTEL: Jalan Dewi Sri Kuta 80361